What, How, How much and for How Long?
WHAT DO you DO?
I offer one-to-one consultation, therapy, coaching, and supervision. In our meetings, you will experience:
- A unique understanding and perspective towards the experience of living intensely
- One-to-one psychotherapy and coaching that are tailored to your unique challenges
- A holistic healing relationship that aims for changes not just on an intellectual, but also on a visceral and emotional level
- Skills and exercises that you can implement in-between sessions to consolidate the insights and learnings
For information on the Process itself, please refer to these pages:
how do we meet?
Meeting online is no longer a second-best solution. With its own merits, it is something that is different to, but not inferior to face-to-face therapy. I work with clients from around the world so actually, half of my sessions are conducted via Skype.
Here are some of my thoughts and experience with meeting online (click on the image) ->
Research has found that Skype therapy can be as effective as face-to-face. In fact, there are times when online therapy can bring out a level of depth and progress that in-person session cannot. In a nutshell:
- Comfort and Ease: Have you ever felt that an hour of traveling to your therapist’s office through the tube, settling to the new environment and checking in, you are no longer able to connect with the emotional materials that most need to surface? These may be the times where you feel frustratingly numb and empty, and unable to connect. This is understandable, especially if disconnecting have been part of your way of protecting yourself from feeling emotionally vulnerable. Many people have found having therapy from home allow them to feel safer, more at ease and in control. Being in the comfort of your own home can enable you to feel more at ease and in control, so you can open up at your readiness.
- Strike While the Iron is Hot: By meeting you in your private space, I am meeting you in your world, in real time. This is especially useful if you struggle with bouts of intense emotional storms, periods of depression, and feel that emotional triggers surround you. Meeting online would give us more opportunities to ‘strike while the iron is hot’ in the space where your day-to-day struggles occur. I also get to have a more vivid sense of your difficulties, to help you bring the new learnings or insights into your actual life.
- Sense of Togetherness: Meeting online can bring out a level of depth and progress that in-person session cannot. Having someone with you in the here-and-now of your battles can alleviate the loneliness that many sensitive and intense individuals have carried all their lives.
- Saves Time and Travel Stress: Most intense and gifted people are resource-rich but time-poor. Perhaps your competence attracts expectations, you have high standards for whatever you do, and your multiple passions tug you in a million directions. You may already be confronted with the feeling that there is never enough time to do all that you want to do, or have to do. If you were already battling with a sense restlessness and urgency, overwhelming responsibilities from inside and out, travelling stress is the last thing you need. Meeting online gives you the benefit of flexibility- so you can use your time and money in ways that you want to, rather than being limited by the public transport system or traffic.
Throughout the years, I have been able to develop deep emotional bonds, spiritual friendships, and go on incredibly moving journeys with many intense and sensitive souls via Skype, even when we have never met in person. Everyone is different, I personally have a lot of good experience with meeting online.
For face-to-face session, Eggshell Therapy has a permanent base in Southwest London.
It is based in a residential area. By public transport, it is 20-minute walk, or 10 minutes on the bus from Colliers Wood tube station on the Northern line.
Or, with a short tram ride from Wimbledon, it is 13 minutes on a scenic route from Phipps Bridge Tram Stop.
HOW LONG WOULD IT TAKE?
The duration very much depends on what you are after. Some people just want one or a few consultations for specific issues, others sign up for a course of 8-10 session therapeutic coaching, or longer-term therapy.
I understand your desire to get better fast. You may have read online or in books that there is no 'quick fix' for the particular issue you face. This may be true, but it is entirely possible to attain deep insights or experience rapid shifts in a short period of time. These shifts can then be consolidated via other means, such as less-frequent follow-up sessions, books, email support from me, or being around the right people in your life. There is much value in ongoing support, but in contrast to some other models of long-term therapy, our goal here is to effectively equip you with the needed insights and capacity, so you can be free to live a full life as soon as possible.
I encourage you to trust your instinct and the ability to discern. If you decide half-way through that it doesn't work for you, you have the full right to withdraw and I will respect your decision.
All online or face-to-face meeting are GBP 140 per session. I charge a flat rate for all sessions, including the initial one.
Using a credit or debit card, you can book your session with a secure online process.
With less than 24-hour notice, my cancellation policy is to collect the agreed amount of payment. The same rule applies to me, where if for any reason I were to miss a session, your next session will be free-of-charge.
HOW often DO WE MEET?
I do not have a fixed rule about the frequency of our meetings.
The old gold standard of having weekly (or more frequent) session is arbitrary and does not reflect authentic and unique individual needs. Yes, sometimes having some regularity can help us settle into an emotional rhythm. However, in our fast-moving modern world where you might already feel stretched in multiple directions with financial, life and work demands, a weekly set-time schedule may seem undoable.
Indeed, entering therapy is not a light undertaking- financially, emotionally, and pragmatically. At the same time, nothing is more important than investing in yourself and building a solid foundation for your relationship and creative endeavors in life. (Preaching what I teach, I still attend therapy weekly for my growth and wellbeing!)
I believe that the work happens not just within the hour; in fact, the real work begins in your real life. If we were to meet less frequently, I might offer certain ‘reflection prompts,' specific homework or exercises, so that the work continues in-between sessions.
I trust you to find your own pace and would try my best to work with you to find a balance between cost, your readiness, and our progress.