Emotional intensity is not an illness or a problem to be solved, but a unique personal trait, a gift in its own right. This book is for you if:
- All your life, you have felt different to others or wondered if there is something wrong with you. You have been told that you are ‘too much,' ‘too intense,' ‘too sensitive,' ‘too emotional.
- You long to be accepted by the world just as you are, but feel held back by other people or society’s judgments.
- You often feel misunderstood— your passion for being excessive, your sensitivity as a weakness, or your excitement as being immature.
- You no longer want to hide how fast you think, how much you feel, and how deeply you care.
- You have trouble managing intense emotions, maintaining healthy boundaries, and finding fulfilling relationships.
- You want to be free from self- sabotaging behaviors, or unhealthy relationship patterns.
- You have a niggling feeling that there is something important you need to be doing, and would like to have a clearer vision.
- You have a sense that you are not reaching your full potential, and you are ready for your unique gifts and creative calling.
These provocative chapters challenge what we think we know about emotional sensitivity, intensity, and giftedness. Combining psychological theories, spiritual wisdom, and practical exercises, it brings you to new ways of thinking about yourself, so you can reclaim your unique empathic and intellectual gifts, and fulfil your creative potential.
You will learn to:
- Debunk myths and mental health stereotypes about emotional sensitivity and intensity, including it links with controversial diagnoses such as Borderline Personality Disorder.
- Heal from the past, let go of the shame and limited mindsets that hold you back.
- Develop resilience and find your way through challenging work, life, social and family situations .
- Build healthy and fulfilling relationships.
- Express yourself truthfully and reach your creative potential.
A little note from Imi:
I am immensely grateful to be given the opportunity to birth this book into being. Although it has sprung from my search for answers and ongoing inquiry, it is not a personal project. I could feel in my heart how much you have all inspired me, and it is your continued presence and support that have propelled me forward.
The release of the book is exciting and nerve-wracking. I have to continually remind myself that once out, it will take up a life of its own. It will fall into the hands of those who are ready for it and quietly pass by many. It will be praised and loved by some, and be rejected and criticised by others. Just like an anxious parent, I must now lovingly bless these pages to go on their journey.
With all my aspirations, I must also practise letting go of attachment to any specific outcome. As Woody Allen so brilliantly put, ‘If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans’. We all are continuously evolving and growing, so I reserve the right to change my mind and have to stay open to where my intuition leads.
Don’t tell my publishers I say this: but I would not say that this book is for everyone. Rather than suggesting you to all buy it and read it from cover to cover, I encourage you to load the preview and see if the pages resonate. If you do decide to bring these pages home (thank you!), you may just let your intuition and interest guide you to what catches your attention. Take what is useful, and leave behind the rest.
As always, I have immense gratitude for your time, presence, and support!
Published by Hodder and Stoughton, in February 2018, Emotional Sensitivity and Intensity is freshly printed and ready to be at your doorstep. Clicking on the Cover to the right will bring you to the Amazon Page. You can also find it in all the major wholesalers including Foyles, Waterstones and the independents. If you live abroad, it will soon be available in Barnes and Nobles, Dymocks, and bookshops in most Commonwealth countries including Australia and Canada.